Monday, October 12, 2009

For my Stepdad, Dick

So, last night after church, we went out to dinner (10:30 pm). We went to a place that would be heaven on earth for Dick, my stepdad. They serve what's called "Parrillada". You share a wooden plate - like a cutting board - with the person sitting across from you. First comes the bread. Then papas fritas with scrambled eggs on top, then a little bowl of salad, and then comes the meat. And it doesn't stop.

First was a pork rib, then a cut of pork, next a cut of beef. And on and on it went. Cow intestines, goat parts, cow bones, chorizo, strips of beef. Dick, you would have been proud. I tried just about everything except the cow intestines. I have to draw the line somewhere. But, I did try the goat. It actually was pretty good although I had a hard time not picturing the petting zoo we saw earlier in the day.

Here's a picture of the carnage.


I"ll post more about the day yesterday, but I wanted to get this meat posted asap... and off my camera. We're going to the Sierras today to go hiking with Miguel Angel. I'm going to beg to stop for coffee so I can try to get rid of this meat hangover. Cari and Jill, all I can say is sorry.

No comments: