Monday, May 31, 2010

Math Superbowl

David got to compete on the Peabody Charter School 4th grade Math Superbowl Team. The Math Superbowl is a competition between 30+ local schools each with teams of 4 in 4th, 5th and 6th grade. To make the Peabody team was a big accomplishment!
He has been preparing for over 6 months and had so much fun
working on logic, word, and math problems.

In this picture, he is with his 6th grade friend, Taylor Dixon, who placed 5th out of all the 6th graders. David tied for 7th place out of all the 4th graders.

And, best of all, their school team made a school record. They placed 5th out of all the schools. That has never been done before and they were so excited to get their trophy.

How fun to get a trophy for an academic achievement!
(He's his mother's son. I do math for fun, too. Seriously.)

3 comments:

h west said...

Party on, David and Krista=math nerds. It's o.k. I'm a TOTAL nerd because I am in love with my sociology textbooks.

hayley oa said...

I was in the Peabody Mathsuperbowl a few times back in the day! This was such a fun post to read--yay David! 7th was ht best i did as well so I say he and I go head to head.

Annie Gupta said...

Way to go David! :)