Sunday, January 2, 2011

Beautiful

I've had a few pressing thoughts after finishing Radical that Chris quoted below.

And while I'm encouraged, blessed, and reminded by Chris's words, I felt the need to add a few more.

I realize that our move to Argentina is easy to call radical. And it was. It is.
~
Our call here was clear and yet,
every single day I need to remind myself not to doubt in the dark what I saw in the light.
~
Most days I don't feel radical. I feel stupid and confused and just plain sad.

The main thing that has been percolating in my mind after reading this book is that I know
a lot of radical Christ-followers who live in the good ol U.S. of A.
Those whom I've learned from.
~
People who have "given up" promising careers in order to care for their children at home (and what an enormous mission field our children are!).
Those who take their faith into their work places and give God glory with the work of their minds and hands.
Those who show God to students - in schools, at home, or at church.
Those who gladly welcome others into their lives and homes.
Those who write handwritten letters of sympathy, compassion, and encouragement.
The list is endless...
~
Please be encouraged, radical friends.
Your lives have influenced mine and this walk of faith is about each of us using our God-given gifts to bring glory to Him and to enjoy Him forever.
May we always remember who God made us to be.
You are beautiful.
~
PS My mom comes in 4 days!!!

1 comment:

Ahn said...

i had my parents over for dinner last night and we got to talking about the familia frohlings and how encouraged i have been by reading your blog. then i made them come over to our computer so that i could read them some of jonny's funny quotes. lets just say that dan michealsen was in stitches over the baptism quote. we are praying for you all.