Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Feliz Día del Amigo

We get to celebrate a lot of occasions, here in Argentina. 
Today is the Day of the Friend. 
It was such a blessing to receive (and send) emails, texts,
and even gifts in the name of Amistad.  
 
Here are some recent photos of some special Argentine friends and me. 

Lucia, Me, Marcela, Graciela, and Ivana
[We went to a conference in the province of Chaco about how the church can be instrumental in the education, prevention of, and restoration from sexual abuse.  It was very intense, especially when I had to look up various medical terms in my English/Spanish dictionary that I didn't understand in English either. 
However, this seems like it should be another post...]

I have to admit that I had to hold back the tears when I saw the sand.
The river was beautiful.  Unfortunately there were no waves.

Thank you, sweet friends - both here in Argentina and in the States, 
for being faithful, encouraging, and good examples to me. 
I'm a blessed lady.

1 comment:

heather west said...

What a great day to celebrate!! Not sure why America doesn't have a 'Day of the Friend'. I guess I'll have to be a cyber-friend. Glad you had a good day!