Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Monkey Races and Fetching Desires

It's been an interesting last couple of weeks, filled with waiting (patience), goal setting (humility), and communication (grace). 
Needless to say, my words for the year can be found in those parenthesis above.

I don't feel much like writing about it so I'll leave you with 2 funny pictures that can actually illustrate a bit of what I don't feel like saying.


Andrew, Johnny, and I made these monkeys out of paper, yarn, straws, and tape.  They raced to the top of our closet... a particular orange monkey always seemed to win while the yellow monkey tried really hard to get to the top but couldn't quite make it.  He needed help with his wounds (rips) that were caused by the friction of the assent. 
He got the help from someone a bit older and wiser and eventually learned how to enjoy the climb without too much worry about winning.
 
Buddy: "I love you, tennis ball. I'd really like to chase you."
Me: "Buddy, you're being pathetic.  Why are you so obsessed with that thing?"
Buddy: "I just want to play.  It's my job to play.  Why won't you throw me the ball?"
Me: "I threw it to you a hundred times today.  You just need to wait."
Buddy: "Okay."

He eventually decided to stop waiting, nudged the ball with his nose and watched it roll across the room. 
Then he chased it and started the game his work all over again.
Innovative and creative and willing to work.
Not so pathetic, I must admit.

No comments: