Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quote of the Day

"This is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life - being in Argentina."
~Andrew, age 8
I couldn't agree more (and I told him so).
~
However, I do feel like I should tattoo the super-girl logo on my arm for driving a manual transmission on the psycho roads of Argentina while transporting my husband, three boys, big dog, and a weeks worth of stuff for our tiempo de descanso (time of rest) that everyone here suggested we have. Suffice it to say that it is NOT tourist season in Carlos Paz and internet photos of cabañas do not match the reality of real-life cabañas. More to come on that later.
Much more.
~
We have since returned from our tiempo de descanso and are back at the church in our room with the bathroom way, way down the hall where we're destined to run into people working, cooking, serving, or cleaning on the walk/run to it. We've been told our house is ready and we'll be able to move in tomorrow. Since we rented the car (and paid cash in advance - the way things are done here), we're hoping to be able to use it to move ourselves into our new home. I'll post pictures on that later as well... I'm just not in a great mood for creative, up-beat posting this evening.
~
Here's a picture of the boys enjoying some homemade helado (ice cream) yesterday in Carlos Paz.
~
They are each such amazing troopers... they handle each event as it comes, in each of their unique ways. David asks a lot of questions, Andrew sits back and makes profound observations, and Johnny? I guess he and I are alike. Depending on the situation, he laughs, cries, lays on his bed and sighs, or throws a little hissy fit.

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Oh Krista... You are amazing. Hang in there friend. I'm glad you're expressing yourself like Johnny. That's the Krista I know and love. Praying for added strength and patience for you today! You are the Wonder Woman (and you know what image I have in my mind, don't you?).

Karen said...

Looks like the boys are still wearing shorts! At least Andrew has a warm and fuzzy jacket on. We miss those boys!

Annie Gupta said...

Love you friend. Hang in there. We are praying that you can move into your new place asap. Thanks for keeping us updated. We miss you!!!

paul said...

Does the rain come at you horizontally there? I remember holding my umbrella like a shield in Ecuador.
more on email....