Saturday, December 4, 2010

Stages


So, tonight during dinner we were talking about the different stages each of the boys has been in. David happened to be a very easy 2 year old. Andrew and Johnny were NOT. They like hearing about the things they did when they were "little". Like Andrew dumping my entire wallet down the heater chute or shoving as many quarters as he could into the car CD player when I was otherwise occupied - probably changing a diaper or something. Or how Johnny only grunted and screamed for the first 2 years of his life.
~
Right now, Andrew doesn't require much. He is very easy and aims to please. David and Johnny, however, are in, um, different stages.
~
I said to David, "It seems to me that right now, you are in the process of testing out the waters. Seeing how far you can push...."
~
Then I looked at Johnny and said, "I think you're in the same place, buddy-boy. You like to test the waters too."
~
To which he responded, "No I don't! I just jump right in!!!"
He is, obviously, very self-aware.

3 comments:

The Ingrams said...

Oh my gosh - I just love these stories about your boys!!

heather west said...

Great. I had to laugh at the quarters in the CD player. Had that one 'round here too.

sfogg said...

that juanito...how do you just not laugh out loud?