Monday, February 7, 2011

Just wondering...


What would you do if you found the largest one of these in the shower with you?
Crawling up the wall, next to your towel, with its long crusty body creeping closer and closer to yours?
(And please don't forget that when you're in the shower you are in an exposed and semi-helpless state.)


Just so you know, my reaction was to scream a very girly scream and then yell Chris's name.
He came to the rescue, like always, but I did have to point out the sick cooka-rotch (as Johnny calls them) to each son before it was crushed.
These are some vulnerable times.


Photo credit to Grant Johnson
(thanks for taking such a beautiful, disgusting picture)

5 comments:

The Cantrall's said...

Mmmm...aren't they just scrumptious? We'll just have to train our boys early to be mighty cockroach hunters. :)

Ahn said...

eeee...i still can't imagine it. so gross.

heather west said...

Don't you dip those things in chocolate or something?!?!? Thanks TONS for the gogos by the way. Huge hit. If I mail you a package will you have to stand in line for hours to get it?

Rich Dixon said...

Can you believe that a pet store owner tried to sell me a giant cockroach as a unique pet once for $20?
Missing you guys

Annie Gupta said...

Yuck, yuck and yuck again. I once encountered a similar creature when I was studying in Cuernavaca, Mexico. I stepped on it barefoot as I was walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night-gross!