Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thoughts on Bidets

I’ve adapted to a lot of things, but using a bidet will never be one of them. I actually researched how to use them and even watched a few youtubes.

I will not use one.

Ever.

~

Anyway, since our bidet just gathered dust and leaks whenever I clean it (gross!), I came across the coolest invention at a friends house: A Bidet Cover.

Don’t you love it!?

And just the fact that it has lace on it confirms the fact that I have learned to adapt and accept the things around me. Lace has not existed before in my house, well, not in a decorative home “style” at least. Is there anyone else you know who posts about their bidet?


It fascinates and repulses me all at the same time.


Chau for now!

(I promise to write something of more substance later – lots of great things going on!)

9 comments:

Ahn said...

uggg...grant registered for a bidet when we were engaged. it was a joke, but i took it off immediately.

Ted & Rhonda said...

Is that what that is? I always thought they were inconvenient drinking fountains.

My toilet in Japan had one built in. It also had a warm air blower for afterward... or whenever. The fact the complex controls were all in kanji made it a game of American roulette.

Annie Gupta said...

Ha! I love it! Thanks for making me smile.

Unknown said...

Hi there Frohling family! We have been in Buenos Aires with IMB for over four years, but we are planning a move to Cordoba Capital this summer (Jan or Feb). We would LOVE to get in touch with you guys! Send us a line at frealyfamily at gmail.com. Look forward to hearing from you! Kelli for all of us

heather west said...

When I was a kid, my friend's mom would take my friend and I around looking at new houses. We found one once that had a bidet in it and just about wet ourselves when we found out what it was used for (I'm guessing we were in about 3rd grade- you can imagine the hilarity). Anyway, from then on, we would do a little jig around the house saying 'Which way to the bidet?'. So funny. Great post. Lace and all.

Marvin Harrell said...

The very idea that you would youtube bidets has me laughing out loud! I love you, K.

Christina

Ruth Loomer said...

Krista... what are you talking about? I was just in Italy and I thought about moving there BECAUSE of the ever-present bidet. It's so euro and refreshing! :) Come on, I expect more from you.

Contemplándote said...

Krista!
What happened to my post and culture differences?

Bless you all!

Karina Ricca

Familia Frohling said...

Hi Karina,

I deleted your comment because it wasn't signed and your profile doesn't provide any information on your identity.

You're right though, cultural differences can be funny, especially about silly things like bidets!

Blessings to your family,
Krista