Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Just wondering...

This is a question for you dog-owners out there: 
When you walk your dog, how many of you have to carry a rock to throw at the street dogs who try to attack your four-legged family member? 
Like I said, just wondering.

On the way to the kids' school, there is a street corner where a pack of 7 dogs lay in the sun all day, after scrounging around for food, I suppose.  They must be jealous of our gordito, well-loved Buddy or maybe they just like to bark, bare their teeth, and act all tough.  For some reason, a transformation from the semi-normal, animal-loving person I usually am occurs and I become a bit of a lunatic. I'm not even going to begin to write about the neighbor's crazy dog who escaped from his chained-up-24/7-life and attacked Buddy.  Here, in the big city, many dogs are not considered pets and are only kept to keep the thieves away. 
They're scary (both the dogs and the thieves).

Some day soon, you may be reading a story about a well-aimed rock or a well-placed kick
and a mad-dog who has escaped this life and entered doggie heaven (or hell). 

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Wow. That puts dog walking at a completely different level. I mostly just need chiropractic work after walking Sutter. He constantly pulls my arm out of its socket. Glad you can protect Buddy!!

Amanda Underwood said...

Hey Krista... I'm in Advanced Placement Spanish this year, and in a couple weeks i have to give an oral 15 minute presentation in Spanish about something... after reading your boys' commentary, i've decided to do my presentation on your family.
-Amanda Underwood