Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Church Retreat 2011

We had a great time with our church,
a couple of weekends ago at the annual retreat.
I was reminded me Santa Barbara Community Church's retreats except for the following:
  • Waiters served us our delicious food (appetizer, entree, dessert)
  • The schedule was a bit different (see my notes in red below)
  • Everything was in Spanish
  • Young folks from another church came to do the childcare
  • I came home with a scalded mouth due to all my mate drinking

Gorgeous hike in the rain - Andrew was in heaven!

 "Guiller-moto"

 Games with a purpose, organized by our amazing friend Pato (Patricia)

 Great conversations, mate, and food

And, finally, surfing the river.  David shredded and taught everyone how to do it. 
They LOVED it and now have a new tan to prove it.

We are incredibly thankful for this body of believers and the way God provides.

2 comments:

Dixons said...

That retreat looks great! So thankful for the pictures - an great peak into your time.

Mo Hislop said...

And you didn't have organize all the PreK-K!
That had to be a highlight! :) Seeing your photos makes my heart do happy.