Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Big Question

Everyone asks us, "Why?... Why are you going to Mexico for 8 weeks?... Why do you want to learn Spanish?... Why now?" We don't have a profound answer except that we feel prompted. I hesitate to speak in the christian cliches that annoy me so much; however, I don't know how else to answer these questions except to say that we feel led to this place.


Our hearts continue to grow for the Latino culture. It's difficult to enjoy fellowship and community with a people group when the language commonality isn't there. And, as Dennis Leon, our friend and pastor of Pura Vida church says, "Spanish is the language spoken in heaven!" We don't want to miss out on communion with God when we get there. :)


Chris puts it best when he says, "There is choice in life. There is free will. And though it may seem otherwise to some observers, it is never too late to change course. All things are possible. How long have I felt the call, the nudge, the burden, the love for those in need, for the forgotten of the world? Will God's voice grow dull - harder to hear - the longer I do not act?"


Pray with us please. We are asking God to lead and guide us. We have no idea what is in store for us in this adventure. We want to be used as God's hands and feet in this world and yet we know we have nothing in and of ourselves to offer without His guidance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am so excited to hear more of your adventures! This is something I would love to consider doing in the future!

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Well said my friend.

Anonymous said...

We will pray with and for you as you take this great step together as a family. AMEN!