Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Most Important Item

Yes, we are packed and ready. Our house is move-in ready for the 5 different sets of renters. I have successfully purged our home of "another man's treasure" and delievered it to a local thrift store. Buddy-boy will have fun playing with his friend Romeo for the next 8 weeks. Chris is in the garage, as I write, making the very difficult decision of which surfboards to bring. Our fridge, freezer and pantry are cleaned out. Every drawer, closet, cupboard and shelf has been cleared out and scrubbed with unsentimental acceptance.

Today, I had an even better sense of success when I was able to procure a very important item at Longs. My good friend, neighbor and hair cutter, Lori Magno, informed me that there is an item for purchase for under $10 that will help me cover up the darkened shades of black and grey that may overtake me while in Mexico and away from her for 56 days. It's true. My hair roots are a very ugly shade of black (can black have varying shades?) and an even uglier shade of grey.


Call me vain. Say I'm not being true to my roots. I don't care. I will go to my grave with colored hair and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. See you in Mexico, blondie!

1 comment:

LB said...

you are hilarious... sounds like you'll have to go 'a natural' though if it got lost?! miss you guys already...almost walked by your house last night but didn't want to see it all dark and sad. :(