Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Haroldo Andenmatten

That's the name of David, Andrew, & Johnny's new school: Colegio Evangelico Haroldo Andenmatten (or Haroldo for short).

Today was a big day for all of us.

All 3 boys went to school in a new land, with a new language, wearing new uniforms.



The greatest thing was the amazing welcome each one got from all the other students and teachers. After first dropping off Johnny in his classroom (I held back tears), we walked up to the David & Andrew's side of the school and a swarm of students (probably 60) came out to greet them. Andrew loved it, David was overwhelmed. The students were very kind and I felt such relief to see happy, smiling faces directed toward my boys.

"Chau, mis amores."

It was a good start. We are anxious to see what the future holds, but are choosing to rest in the goodness of today. I know the days ahead will be difficult for each of the boys as they try to grasp the language and make friends with kids from a culture different than what they’re used to.

It was much harder than I thought it would be, but it felt so right at the same time.

2 comments:

Annie Gupta said...

Great to see the pics and to hear that day one was a success! Ramon, Annie, and Caleb

Marlene said...

I actually love the track suit uniforms. Very cool! I'm so thankful that things fell into place so quickly. God is good!