Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rips and Lines

Today when we went to the centro (we got up at 6 am to make it there by 7 am) in order to stand in line for the Department of Justice to accomplish the first part of our DNI paperwork, Chris and the boys let me walk for a BLOCK AND A HALF with a 6 inch rip in my jeans. Chris says he was trying to figure out how to tell me. What? So, I basically mooned Argentines for a block and a half. Seriously. I think it must have happened when I was getting out of the taxi with Johnny on my lap, my purse, our breakfast, and watching out for Andrew and David (and their backpacks) all with only one cup of coffee running through my veins. Nice life.

Luckily I had a long purse so I was able to hide my buttcheek. (Sorry - or thankfully - no photos for this post.)

We waited for 45 minutes in order to get paperwork that we had to fill out with the help of a translator. We will need to return to the Centro to pay the money for the paperwork to be processed (at the National Argentina Bank) and then go back to the Dept. of Justice to get fingerprinted. I'm sure we'll wait in many more lines before we get our numeros and become official Argentine nationals. I just hope there will be no more open lines running down my back side. Geesh.

¡Happy Día de Córdoba!

No comments: