Sunday, November 7, 2010

Parque Sarmiento


I've neglected to inform you that we, down here in the Southern Hemisphere, have welcomed Spring. We officially live in a place that has unique seasons. As you folks up North embrace Fall and all things pumpkin, we're celebrating Spring. This includes flowers, peaches, and heat.


Saturday it was 101.3 degrees.



Our house stays remarkable cool, but we ventured out to Parque Sarmiento for some scooter rides around the lake. It was interesting to see people spread out on blankets in the shade drinking hot mate. No gracias por mi.



I threw the pelota for Buddy. People keep telling me he's gordo. I think that's rude.

Even after I put ice in his water bowl, he's panting at my feet. Tomorrow he is off to the Peluqueria for a much needed hair cut and bath. He wreaks.


After peeing on a tree (some things never change), Johnny was ready for a rest in the shade with Buddy and me.


This is a sign I thought was funny and I'm pretty sure Paul will too. I was tempted to photograph the people playing soccer a little behind the sign, but I resisted.


Happy Fall to most of you... enjoy some pumpkin bread for me.

2 comments:

Marlene said...

You are cracking me up. Thanks for your recent updates and posts. They make me miss you! Glad people in the Southern Hemisphere get to enjoy your humor.

Annie Gupta said...

I love these pictures! The boys look so happy. Enjoy the warm weather--so glad your house stays cool on those hot days. Love to you all!