Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another Johnny Quote & Neil Cantrall

Doesn't this picture make you happy?

At night, before going to bed, I often just sit at Johnny's bed and stare at him.
He's so calm and quiet and peaceful, even if he is sprawled out across his entire mattress.
He's such an angel when he's sleeping.

Here's his latest pondering:
"I don't want to be a Police Officer anymore. But I want to be the guy who asks the neighbors if they want me to cut their grass. It would be fun. Daddy would cut. I would rake. Brothers would scoop it up.
[Side note from mom: What the heck would I be doing? Cooking? Cleaning? Laundry? Whatever.]
Being a police officer would be a good job, but being a grass cutter would be funner. I wanted to be a police officer because it would be fun, I could get the stuff that the robbers rob, put sticks in their bags as a trick, and I'd like to have a gun."

I love the way he thinks. He's hilarious and I love laughing with him. It also seems to me that he already has a bit of a grasp of micro-enterprises! There are a few guys (and some with their families) who come around asking us if they can spruce up our front yard. For about 20 pesos (or USD$5), they weed-wack and trim the grass. Johnny is clearly fascinated by the whole process.

On another note, we have a new, fun friend visiting us right now. His name is Neil Cantrall and he is here as a LAM missionary appointee checking out Córdoba Capital as a possible place to use his gifts to work with kids. He and his wife, Kelsey, have 2 cute boys, spent almost 2 years in Peru, and have lots of amazing stories to tell. It's been great to show him around the city and to introduce him to other people who also have a heart for children. We're selfishly hoping this is the place for them and we'll be able to partner with them in showing people the grace and unconditional love of the Lord!

We just welcomed Autumn down here and are thrilled with the lower temperatures. Johnny brought home a handmade leaf drawing that said "Llegó el otoño."

I promise not to complain about the winter weather this year. Promise.

2 comments:

Annie Gupta said...

I love this picture of Johnny!!!
So glad for the cooler temperatures and for your new friend Neil. Love you all!

Karen said...

We four sure do love and miss this boy!!