Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gratitude

I don't think there are many women out there who can honestly say they thoroughly enjoyed a 17-day visit with their mother-in-law.
I can.
I am richly blessed by my relationship with Chris's mom. And with her husband, Frank.

The past 17 days have been a whirlwind of activities: the boys started a new school, Chris and I finished our level 3A/B language course, we all traveled to La Cumbrecita, and Chris and I started an online course that has been hugely helpful for our work. (We're analyzing and investigating the current financial landscape in Argentina - more on that in another post.)

We've lived life in Argentina together these past 17 days.
We've cooked Argentine meals, hung laundry, talked, prayed, laughed until we cried,
and played lots and lots of games.

It is going to be terrible to say chau tomorrow. We love them so much.

Not that you're asking, but I do feel the need to offer some unsolicited advice.

Please, please, enjoy the people around you.

Do not take your relationships for granted.

Whenever the kids write emails or send little notes to their friends, that is the one thing they always write: "Don't take anything in your life for granted." Good advice.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Good advice Krista! I too have a wonderful relationship with my inlaw, and I'm always thankful for that.
-Trish

Trish said...

... I meant "inlaws"