Monday, May 23, 2011

El Acto



So, Andrew and Johnny had their play today about the beginning of Argentina's independence. It's a wonderful history about working together with little resources to get to a common goal: freedom.

I also learned from a neighbor that this week is more important to most Argentines than the actual day of independence. 

 

They tried on their gaucho costumes before to make sure
everything borrowed actually fit. 
Johnny was so proud of that dumb horse on a stick. 
I forgot to tell you that the pole taped to the horse head is from our gazebo that literally blew away last summer.  One night the gazebo was in our back yard and the next morning it was completely gone.  Our neighbor brought it back to us in a box.  (We have a lot of stories like this.)

Johnny's quote after his performance: 
"I don't know why, but I just LOVE things like this!" 
He loved running around on his horse and liked when everyone laughed when his hat fell off.

And then there is Andrew's quote: 
"I was pinching myself the whole time because I was so embarrassed. 
I HATE things like that."
I don't think it helped that he had to hold a girl's hand and do a little dance.

The play was about what happened on May 25, 1810 mixed with things from today.  It was fun to watch. 
Bravo chicos.

1 comment:

heather west said...

Nothin' like blonde haired Argentines. . .Great pics!