Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend Activities

As is custom, our weekend started off with David's soccer games. 
He had a lot of fun and played well.

After spending most of the afternoon cleaning our very dirty house, we went over to Bethany and Roman's house for dinner.  I didn't know they'd have a party planned.  It was so fun. 
They leave on Wednesday for 3 months to the USA to get further training in linguistics.  (They're really smart.) 
We are going to miss them.

 Today we celebrated my cumpleaños with some friends. 
Aren't they cute? 

 Lucia, me, Pato
I really like these ladies.

Marisol, Alan, Chris, Krista, Lucia, Hugo, Pato, y Susana
I felt very loved by many people today.  I even got wished a "feliz cumpleaños" from the pulpit at church. Thank you, friends.  I do have to admit, however, that I really missed my mom today.

And, last but not least, I spent an hour making this
"cabeza de un caballo en un palo". 
May 25 is Argentina's Primer Gobierno Patrio where we celebrate the beginning of Argentina's winning independence from Spain.  We will celebrate Independence day on July 9.
Anyway, Johnny and Andrew have an "acto" at school tomorrow to commemorate.  Both are "gauchcos" (or Argentine cowboys) and Johnny will be riding this homemade horse on a stick.
David is thrilled not to be participating and I'm thrilled to watch!

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Annie Gupta said...

So glad you had a fun celebration! Happy Birthday Krista! I am so thankful for you!!!

Trish said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Krista!!
-Trish