Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Adenitis y Ecografías

I wasn't joking when I said the boys were sick. Johnny has been home from school since Monday with a fever and body aches.  And although Andrew's fever is gone, yesterday his neck swelled up like he swallowed a baseball. 
Someone mentioned paperas.  Or mumps.  Mumps. 
We took him to the doctor this morning and after a complete exam, the doctor sent us to get an ecografía.  I had no idea what that was, but quickly discovered that it's an ultrasound.  He does not have mumps, thank the Good Lord in Heaven, but he does have adenitis or a severe case of inflammation of the lymph nodes. 

Nasty stuff blowing around here.

And at Johnny's ENT follow-up appointment (we try to do them all at the same time since the clinic is about a 20 minute drive) the doctor said his ears looked impeccable but he is definitely sick.  Glad to hear it about the ears. 
He also pulled out Shrek-sized-wax-bombs from Chris's ears. 
Sick.and.wrong.


David is hanging in there, hopefully behaving himself at school.



There are much better things to post about and I promise to do that in the near future if and when I get caught up on some sleep. 

2 comments:

Martin and Julie said...

Ah Krista, too much much information about the ear wax!!!!!

heather west said...

Are you kidding? I love posts about ear wax and swollen lymph nodes. Actually, I truly enjoy ear wax stories, demented as it sounds. A few years back, I discovered a wonderful invention called an 'ear candle'. I've been candling my own ears and those of my family for years and I get my jollies out of seeing how much wax I can get out with those bad boys.