Friday, October 15, 2010

Fear Not

I'm not one who typically quotes Scripture - I'm not sure why as God's Word does happen to dictate my life. I guess I'd rather tell a joke. Or actually live the Words rather than just quote them....

However, the past few weeks I've had a lot of trouble sleeping as a result of some crazy fears. I won't share the specific fears out of fear I'll give you something to fear. [Um, WoW.] But suffice it to say that when the morning comes, I am aware of how irrational they are.

And while these thoughts in the dark of the night can seem very powerful I'm thankful that I can read (over 200 times) throughout the Bible God saying, "Fear not, for I am with you" in a number of different ways.

I'm determined to rest (even if I can't sleep) in this truth.

Here are some of Words of Truth that battle for my mind when I'm scared.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity,
but of power, love, and of self-discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7
~
"Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."
Isaiah 41:10
~
"Do not be afraid or discouraged.
For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

Sleep well, friends.

PS I'm not sure why I picked the photo for this post. I guess I'm feeling like a caged monkey? Or needed to throw in a joke with the Scripture quotes?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such truth. Thank you. And I like the caged monkey - he somehow feels entirely appropriate.

Love to you!
Cari

Annie Gupta said...

I agree with Cari. Thank you for sharing these verses. I am encouraged by your honesty. I will pray for peace and good sleep for you my friend.

Love you!

TP said...

There's a reason the scriptures are replete with "fear nots"...we are all fearful people. Thanks for speaking Truth into all of our lives.

Unknown said...

Hola Familia Frohling,
We miss seeing your smiling faces at Peabody!! Andrew still comes up at our dinner conversations. I see you cut his hair. We miss your sweet boy! I hope you are all adjusting well. Love seeing your pics. Les mando un beso & y abrazo fuerte de Santa Barbara.
Love the Manion Family (Alex & Charlotte)