Sunday, June 12, 2011

Seventeen

June 11 marked 17 years of marital bliss for Chris and me. 
"Bliss" is obviously overstating it, but I am very thankful to be married to my best friend and someone who knows me and yet still loves me very well.  These past 10 months living together in another culture have brought us closer and reminded us that we make a good team.
 (We're also in the process of working through all the yucky parts that being married brings out, but that's another post.) 
There really isn't anyone else I'd rather spend the rest of my life with, and I'm thankful he feels the same about me.

Devin came over to hang out with the kiddos so Chris and I could go out. 
When they boys heard this, they literally cheered.  He is like a big brother buddy to them and he fits into our family really well.  They had a dance off to U2 music and Devin brought them more Copa America stickers for their albums.  They ate breakfast for dinner and the kitchen was clean when we got home.  I know, nice.


Chris and I went out to Peruvian food and very much enjoyed the different flavors that Peru offered.

After dinner, we went to ice cream and Chris got a Pinito. 
Look how happy he is.  I know just what you're thinking too. 

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

The Cantrall's said...

Viva Peru! Congratulations you guys! That's seriously an awesome accomplishment. :)